January 25, 2015

I'm CRAZY for Crochet!

A few weeks ago, right around the new year, I found myself looking more and more at crochet projects on Pinterest. Before this year I have, besides a meager attempt in kindergarten, never learned how to crochet in fear of it being too hard. Knitting, no problem! Embroidery, bring it on! But that crochet hook always stayed in the drawer. I was sure it would get caught on the loop too many times, that and other problems which I would conjure up in my mind.
Well not this year, not 2015! With all the excitement that new years resolutions bring, I started on a trial patch with a few stitches that I needed to know in order to make a beanie (I know, this sounds too much for a novice but let me continue). The beanie never saw the light of day, but the trial patch did help me in learning the first basic stitches and so started me on my path of learning crochet.




I started out by making a headband with the help of this YouTube video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBd7YRTYkkc

It turned out better than I ever imagined since I had been crocheting for less than a week!
Here is the result (The middle picture indicates the true color. The outside pictures where taken at night on my phone):


After that I got excited even more and started 'spewing out' as many small projects as my hands and free time would allow. They were the form of Christmas ornaments, a normal granny square and a flower granny square. I even started a beekeepers quilt with a crochet pattern (more on that in a later post):


I think I will be fun to post about crochet projects that I am working on. The one I am working on now is yet another step up, but more on that in the next post!

Thank you for reading!

xoxo
Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment