January 26, 2015

I'm Crocheting a Market Bag!

I scoured the internet for blogs and pins related to crochet and learning all the basics. I found tricks on how to hold a hook properly, how to finish up projects and how to read crochet patterns. When I find something that captures my heart and mind, I am like a dog with a bone and do not let go!
My stitches have been more evenly lately and the tension of my yarn is becoming less and less of a problem. When I crochet I completely relax and the rhythmic motion of the single crochet almost feels like the sea rocking me to sleep. This progress has made me look for projects that are a little bit bigger in size.

My latest project is a market bag with a solid bottom, a net-like body and a long strap:
http://mypoppet.com.au/2014/09/diy-crochet-market-bag-pattern.html

This is how far I am at the 24th of January (only 20 days into learning how to crochet)




This is the bottom finished. Now I am going to change a little from the instructions of the original and use the same type of yarn as the bottom, in a different color for the net part. I bought this yarn together in a pack at the Lidl (supermarket) and it was sold with a 4.5 crochet hook and a pattern to make a summer beanie. The beanie was not my taste at all, so I decided to use the yarn and the hook for this project instead.
This concludes this blogpost so far. I will make and update as soon as the bag is done with lots more pictures!

Do you have a hobby or a project you're working on? I would love to hear from you in the comments.

xoxo
Sabine

No comments:

Post a Comment